Korra Swag? Yes please.
Hello again, children of the glade. Let’s talk about The Legend of Korra.
I’m a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I remember seeing ads for it in Nickelodeon magazine when I was a kid, and watched it all the way through from start to finish. It’s easily one of my favorite cartoons of all time.
When they announced the sequel, The Legend of Korra, a couple years back, I freaked out. Having seen the first two episodes, oh so generously released early recently, by Nickelodeon, I can say that it’s shaping up to be either just as good or possibly even better than the original series.
A couple days ago, korranation, the official tumblr of the show, asked the fans this question:
Now that you’ve all gotten a glimpse into the new Korra universe, we have a question we’d love to pick your brain on:
If you could have any single piece of Korra swag, what would it be? A Naga dog bowl? A Fire Ferrets t-shirt? A waterbending water bottle? Reblog, comment and let us know!
I must say, lots of these are good ideas. If they released a Fire Ferrets t-shirt in an adult male XXL, I might get it (assuming there aren’t better shirts available I’d rather spend my money on instead). Same with the waterbending bottle, seeing how I easily go through at least 4 or 5 bottles a day (I have a reusable Contigo plastic bottle. I think it holds like, 16 ounces or something, and it is always by my side).
But since Nickelodeon’s merchandising apartment apparently wants fan suggestions, let me see if I can come up with something else on my own.
1. Shirts with slogans like “You gotta deal with it!” or “Be the leaf!” Those lines seem fairly popular already.
2. Do the metalbending police of Republic City have some kind of badge or symbol or anything? I’d be all over that.
3. Amon’s mask. This seems fairly obvious. Really, Equalist merch in general seems like it’d make some money, as the fanbase reaction to the group is very positive.
4. The official Legend of Korra Tenzin Cosplay Beard. Or the official Legend of Korra Tenzin Shaving Kit. My point is, Tenzin’s beard is pretty sweet.
5. Toph statues. Or for something a little more serious, nice, well-made character statues and models. You know, the kind of high-quality collectibles that are popular among adult comic fans and the like. These would obviously not be children’s toys, but I think that the Avatar franchise has enough older fans for Nick to see a pretty penny or two off of them.
So there you go, Nickelodeon merchandising department. Should you take my suggestions, you can thank me in the form of a free Metalbending Police Badge. Or more realistically, just, like, you know, giving me a shout-out or something would be kind of nice too I guess. If you’re up to it, that is.
Here’s Sokka on cactus juice to close us off: